Monday, May 20, 2013

First Blog Hop for Memory Maze....

Welcome to the Memory Maze's first blog hop!! We know that we will inspire you to get out your chipboard or to order more wonderful designs from your local shop. Thank you so very much for hopping along on our first ever blog hop!
If you didn’t come from Julene Mathews blog or you popped upon this blog and didn’t realize we were blog hopping you need to go to the Memory Maze blog Memory Maze Chipboard and start the HOP! You will need to comment on ALL of the blogs to be eligible for the prize. Plus some of our awesome designers are giving away a prize on their blogs as well. You will not want to miss out on the prizes. Here's what you could win from Memory Maze.



Our theme for this blog hop is Technique, each of our wonderful design team members will show you how to decorate those chipboard pieces or create new chipboard pieces.
Now to show and share my project with you.

Aged Weathered Look

This technique is very simple but gives any type of chipboard an old white washed effect.First i took my piece of chipboard and misted with some Tattered Angels Mist.





I then took my Glitz Doodle Roller with some ink and rolled a pattern that looks like a tree trunk.





I then doodled with a Liquid paper pen which gives the old white washed effect.



The second effect on my layout that i used on the Memory Maze Chipboard is a paint and stamp effect.
First i painted my piece of chipboard with a roller and some paint.



Wait till dry and then stamp with ink onto the chipboard. I have used a stamp which has a script writing effect.



and a close up on my layout:



and here is my total layout:



If you are still with me now I have a prize that I want to give to one of you lovely ladies just for visiting my blog and I am going to make it easy for you......just leave a comment and become a follower of my blog and the Memory Maze blog so that you can see what future inspiration Memory Maze brings to my layouts. I will pick a comment randomly from the ones left and will send you this prize pack:



Our blog hop runs from today, Monday 20th May, Invite your Friends to play along. You must comment on all the blogs for a chance at the Prize. The Winner will be announced at the Memory Maze blog on the 1st June !
The next stop on the blog hop is Susan Moy, so pop on over and leave her some love.

Thank you for playing along with our first Blog Hop, we hope that you had fun and will be back to join in again.

20 comments:

Linda T said...

Fantastic work Kylie thanks for joining our blog hop

Julene Matthews said...

I love both those techniques Kylie.Great layout too.

Rebbecca said...

I'm loving the stamping on chipboard!

Susan said...

Great techniques and I love the effect with the roller...I NEED to get one!

Tracey said...

Man I really need one of those stamp rollers...love it.

Giorgia Rossini said...

thank you very much Kylie, I love this project

Unknown said...

@ great techniques, and that bird chipboard piece is exquisite

Tone-Lill said...

Thanks for the tutorial, The LO looks amazing when finised , haveing use the chippies on it, love it !!!

gypsylcm said...

I really like the paint and stamp technique on the bird!

Victoria Freze said...

such a wonderful layout and techniques!

Unknown said...

I love what you did with the chippies, those birds are amazing ~

Katherine said...

Beautiful I love all the stamping and colour on your page :)

Rebecca Mosher said...

Fun page, and I love your treatment of the chipboard :)

Unknown said...

Wow very clever indeed

Hilde Aaslund aka Scoobie said...

Love both the texniques you have shown here - they really adds interest to the chipboards. Fabolous layout, too :-)

Stacey said...

I really love how your page turned out! I absolutely love the birds with the paint and stamp. Thanks so much!

BlackDamaskDesigns said...

Love, love, love the birds! I have that Glitz roller stamp so I am going to try that thanks!!

Jackie said...

Brilliant idea...I have a roller...must use it!! LOl

Beeceecreativity said...

new follower and loved your tutorial on your technique.. fabulous idea.

scrapinglifememories.blogspot.com said...

Very cute like how you stamped the chipboard.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails